Contact: Doug Satterfield, Coordinator 491-6080
For classroom emergencies please call 491-5920.
Classroom Equipment Services - 491-5466
Classroom Equipment Help Desk
Each of the general assignment classrooms is equipped with a telephone in case you
need assistance with the audiovisual equipment in that room. Just pick up the phone
and dial 0 to speak to a technician. If the problem cannot be solved over the phone,
a technician will be dispatched to your classroom. Help is available Monday through
Thursday from 7:45 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Friday 7:45 a.m. until 4:45 p.m.
Our staff is happy to meet with you and provide one-on-one training on the equipment
in the classroom you will be using. Please call 491-5466 to set up a time when we
can be sure the classroom is available for training.
We provide classroom support for evening classes until 8:00 pm. Call "0" from the
classroom phone or 491-5920 from other phones. Support is available 7:45 a.m. to
8:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 7:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. on Friday during the
regular academic year.
Smart Classroom Faculty Orientation and Training
We recommend that first-time users call and request a demonstration of Smart rooms.
We are responsible for over 100 classrooms classified as Smart rooms and Basic Projection
rooms. These rooms are equipped with several kinds of multimedia presentation tools.
We will be happy to meet with faculty in any of these rooms for a personal demonstration
using the classroom technology. Please call 491-5466 to arrange an appointment.
Multimedia Equipment for Checkout
We offer a wide variety of audiovisual equipment for use in and out of the classroom.
This equipment can be picked up and returned in the basement of Clark A-wing, A-69.
Our office hours are 7:45 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Wireless Microphones in Classrooms
We install and maintain the receivers for wireless microphones in general assignment
classrooms. Each of these is assigned a specific radio frequency and you must have
the correct frequency for each room. Please contact us if you have questions regarding
the use of wireless microphones in classrooms.
We provide the following audio production capabilities:
- On-site audio recordings (grievance hearings, etc.)
- Public address installation/operation (indoor)
Classroom Media Services - 491-5920
On-line Classroom Video Delivery
Video content from the CMS library is delivered to on-campus classrooms, offices
and computer labs via an on-demand streaming server. Using any laptop or PC connected
to a CSU internet port, videos can be viewed by searching our video library
http://videoplay.colostate.edu and clicking on the title's "Access On-line
If you wish to view a video that does not have an “Access On-line Resource” link,
call 491-5920 and we will digitize it for online delivery.
To show a video in a classroom:
- Connect the podium laptop RGB cable to your laptop.
- Connect the podium audio cable to your laptop's headphone jack.
- Connect the podium internet/data cable to your laptop.
- Select the LAPTOP source button on the podium control panel.
- Search the ACNS Classroom Support Services Video Library and log in using your eID
name and password.
- Click on the title's “Access On-line Resource link.
To view a video off campus:
- Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari)
- Navigate to https://secure.colostate.edu
- Log in with your eName and ePassword; use the CSU eID realm.
- If a warning pops up asking to allow access for Juniper Networks, Inc., allow it
- Next, you will need to run either Network Connect or Secure Application Manager
from the "Client Application Sessions" section.
- For Windows, click the Start button to the right of Secure Application Manager.
- For Mac or Linux, click the Start button to the right of Network Connect.
- Select "Yes" or "Allow" when prompted.
- After installation is complete, Secure Application Manager or Network Connect will
be running in the background.
- Click the Videoplay link in the Web Bookmarks section.
- Log in to the ACNS website with your eName and ePassword.
- Search for the video you would like, click on the "Access On-line Resource" link
below the title. Your selection will start to stream.
If you have any questions regarding accessing or displaying of online content, please
We can deliver off-air programs to the classroom from a variety of sources including:
- Broadcast television
- Cable television
If a program takes place before or after a class session, it may be taped and then
shown to the class at a later date (within 10 class days). All copyright guidelines
are observed; therefore, be sure to discuss taping options with the Media Services
technician in advance.
Video Duplication Services
We can duplicate non-copyrighted videos to VHS tape or DVD format. All charges are
based on the length of the program and the number of copies ordered. We adhere to
all copyright guidelines.
Call 491-5920 for pricing and additional questions.
University Community Access Programming
University Community Access Programming can be viewed on Comcast and Dorm Cable channel
11. This is Colorado State University’s dedicated cable channel that offers educational
programming and student productions (CTV). For more detailed information, call Communications
and Creative Services at 491-6432.
Classroom Technical Services
Multimedia Systems and Design Services
From conception to completion, our staff can take your ideas for
a classroom or laboratory multimedia system upgrade and turn them into a reality.
From a single projector install to a fully equipped smart classroom or conference
facility, our technicians combine their knowledge, training, and field experience
to help you maximize the potential of you classroom presentations or video conferencing
sessions. By integrating multimedia tools such as computer projectors, high resolution
document cameras, electronic smartboards or videoconferencing devices and related
TCP/IP communications software with easy-to-understand and operate interface controls,
we can empower the wealth of a department or college’s talent to break free of conventional
boundaries, providing their students with a more enriched learning experience.
Services offered by Classroom Technical Services include:
- Site survey and media room recommendations
- Systems design and equipment interface
- Systems engineering
- Project management
- On-campus integration and testing
- On-site training
- Complete job documentation
Contact Classroom Technical Services: Matt Moeller, 491-5927
Multimedia Equipment Troubleshooting, Service, and Repair
- Smart Classroom Equipment - We are committed to providing reliable,
user friendly multimedia systems to supplement faculty teaching and enhance student
learning. To minimize equipment-related interruptions, we test and verify the operation
of general assignment smart classroom components frequently. LCD Projector filters
are cleaned monthly. LCD lamps are changed as needed. General assignment classroom
systems are serviced without charge to the campus community. A charge applies for
service to departmental classrooms, labs, offices and conference rooms. Please call
491-5920 for more information.
- Classroom (General Assignment) Repair - CSS maintains a database
containing pertinent information for all general assignment classrooms and acts
as a clearinghouse for any room maintenance requests. Repair or maintenance problems
encountered in general assignment classrooms are received by us and routed to the
appropriate campus agency. Follow-up inspections are conducted to ensure problem
resolution. For more information or to report a problem in a general assignment
classroom, call 491-5466, 491-5927, or pick up the in-room intercom phone and dial
'0' to report the problem to our help desk/distribution center.
- Common Problems - Many equipment problems can be easily avoided.
Here are a few of the most common ones:
- Projector won’t start. Try pressing "System Off." Wait until the "System
Off" button stops blinking and reselect a source (i.e. laptop, vcr, doc cam, etc.).
- Laptop computer image won’t display on the screen. Press the FN key and
the correct function key at the same time. Repeat until the image shows on the screen
and your laptop. Laptop function keys vary from vendor to vendor, but are usually
indicated by one of the following icons:
- 3M overhead/transparency projector lamp won’t come on. There is a small
door on the left hand side of the 3M overhead projector. Open the door and move
the lamp selector switch. Be sure to close the door securely.