All Colorado State University students, faculty, staff, and associates are given a free email account when they create an eID on the eID website.

Log in to Web Based Email.

Google Apps for CSU:

Undergraduates: Automatically get a Google Apps @Rams account with their eID.

Faculty, Staff, & Grad Students:  Can create a Google Apps @Rams account in addition to their main university email account.

Alumni: Automatically enrolled for an @alumni email address. More information can be found on the alumni website.

Office 365:

Email accounts in Office365 are provided for CSU graduate students, faculty, staff, and associates.

(Note that all students can download and install Microsoft Office. See the software downloads page for information.


Change your eID Password

Forgot your Password? Reset it here.

For more information:

  • Faculty/Staff: Contact HR (970) 491-6947
  • Current Students: Contact the Registrar’s Office (970) 491-4860
  • Prospective Students: Contact Admissions (970) 491-6909

Name Changes:

Last name and legal name changes:

Change your preferred first name:

  • eID: Change Preferred First Name (used by Office 365)
  • RamWeb: “Change My Preferred First Name” is under Records.
  • Google Apps for CSU: Email your request to GAHelp, or:
    1. If you do not already have a Google+ account, click the+YourFirstName link and complete the signup process.
    2. Click the person icon (or your photo, if you uploaded one) next to the Share button in the upper right corner.
    3. Click the View Profile button.
    4. Click your name beneath the large person icon or photo.

Email Alias:

Your email alias is created at the same time as your email, formatted using your first name and last name as follows:

Undergradute students:

Faculty, staff, graduate students, and associates:

This is an email address alias that will automatically forward mail sent to the email account specified in your eID ( or

Change your First.Last email alias

Account Changes:

To make a change to an existing account (e.g. transfer ownership, change servers, etc.) please contact the Computing Help Desk and describe the change you’d like to have made.

Associate Accounts:

Individuals other than students, faculty, and staff that are associated with the University in a temporary capacity (e.g. visiting scholars, guests, etc.) may obtain an email account by having a sponsor request an eID for them. Visit the eID site for more information.

Secondary Accounts:

Secondary accounts may be requested by contacting the Computing Help Desk, and indicating the nature of your request. Please include the following information:

  • Your primary eName (eID)
  • Your email address
  • An eName for the secondary account that you are requesting
    (up to 8 characters; lowercase letters and numbers only; must start with a letter)
  • Whether your primary account should remain open or be closed
  • The account purpose and intended user(s)