Colorado State University adopted Shibboleth for Single Sign-On in 2012. The majority of CSU’s central websites now use Shibboleth.
Single Sign-On using Shibboleth
What is Single Sign-On?
Single Sign-On (SSO) requires you to log in just once to access multiple protected websites and resources.
What is Shibboleth?
Shibboleth is open-source software that uses Single Sign-On to authenticate and authorize private individual access of protected online resources.
How Do I Log In?
When you attempt to access a protected resource, if you have not yet logged in, you will be forwarded to the identity provider for login.
- The URL of the login page should begin with https://shibidp.colostate.edu/
Do not bookmark this login page URL. It has no information about the destination page.
- CSU students, faculty and staff log in with their eID.
- Community library patrons log in with their Community ID – contact the Morgan Library for more information.
Your browser must be set to accept all cookies in order for you to log in. Select the “Disable Single Sign-On for this session” checkbox if you only want to log-in to that individual application.
How Do I Log Out?
- Your CSU single sign-on session remains active after log out from a service until you completely exit your web browser.
Close all windows and tabs in your browser when finished. You may also be automatically logged out if your session times out after a few hours.
More Information & Contacts:
Students, Faculty, Staff:
- Email email@example.com or call (970) 491-7276
- eID Forgotten Password eID Forgotten Password Help
- Students: contact the Registrar’s Office at (970) 491-4860
- Faculty/Staff: contact Human Resources at (970) 491-6947
Systems Administrators & Web Developers:
- Shibboleth has replaced WebAuth in most applications.
- For more information, including installation and configuration instructions, see the CSU Federation.
- For assistance adding a service provider to departmental web servers and applications, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Library Community Patrons:
- Community ID Password Recovery
- Loan & Reserve Desk (970) 491-1842